Re: [OM] 2 or 4?

Subject: Re: [OM] 2 or 4?
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:16:36 +0200
Pauls0627@xxxxxxx wrote:

> siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > For US$300, would you choose a bgn OM4 from KEH or a low mileage VG+/EX-
> >  OM2S from fellow OMer?

> Siddiq,
>
> I own both an OM-2S and an OM-4. Both are great cameras. The things you get
> withthe OM-4 are spot metering in both auto and manual modes,

It´s very convenient to have spotmetering in Auto mode.

> multi-spot,

The best metering system available with a camera.

> power rewind with the MD 2.The OM-2S sounds better, though, and has the
> Program exposure feature. In my experience program is nice if youwant to hand
> the camera over to a neophyte.

The time lag between pushing the trigger and opening of the shutter is
longer with the OM-2SP (because of the Programm mode), but still shorter
than most AF cameras.

> They just focus and shoot. I prefer the finder
> display in the OM-4 though.

A matter of taste, I like the display of the OM-4 more. The displays of
the OM-2SP and OM-4 are much better (resolution and size) than most
other cameras (including the most recent ones).

The OM-4 has an diopter correction, which is nice, even if you are not
using glasses.

The OM-2SP is the best OM camera for people wearing spectacles, the
missing diopter correction lets you go closer to the finder.

THe OM-2SP has the a better exposure correction dial, much bigger and
better to turn than the OM-4 one (but not as good as the OM-2 one).

The range of film speeds is bigger with the OM-4 6-3200ASA, instead of
12-3200ASA with the OM-2SP, this is important for exposure compensation
of slow film (Kodachrome 25).

Regards

Richard