Re: [OM] Re: Cambridge

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Cambridge
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:17:39 -0700
Gregg;

Yeah, they really are thieves, as we've said before.  Glad you wriggled
free of the hook.  I was really peeved at both them and myself that they
got me. But, hey, I thought, Pop Photo check rated them! They must be
reputable.  This was in 1988 before instant feedback on the Internet.

Denton has seen them fleecing tourists first-hand.  One of their new
ploys is that they've set up shop in the old B&H location and tell
who-knows-what story when people ask for B&H.  Sure looks like they
tried the old tactics on Mickey.  But the salesman must have been a
trainee and couldn't quite sink the hook.  Or maybe he juiced up the
price of the Cambron too high.  They probably would still make a killing
selling the Cambron for $129, same as the Samyang.  In fact, they could
sell the Cambron for probably eight bucks and still make money.

George