Re: [OM] M-Quartz remote controller 1

Subject: Re: [OM] M-Quartz remote controller 1
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:19:22 +0200
Cc: <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Wayne Harridge wrote:

: A small query about this device.  It has a 2.5mm socket next to the
: drive/winder cable, what is this used for ?  I guess it is probably to
: extend the function of the red button by using a remote cord, but don't want
: to try it and risk some damage.

I found this in the FAQ:

"P7) What is the small jack on the M.Quartz Remote Controller 1 for?

 It is apparently for a "Program Timer TM-2" which allows
 setting exposure intervals up to 1 *week* apart.  So with
 a 250 frame film back attached, you could go on for roughly
 4.8 *years* :)

 Thanks to Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>"

Now can anyone (Frank?) tell me if this Program Timer TM-2, that I had never
heard of, is part of the OM System, and if so, of which Group (Phototechnical?),
how does it look like, has it other functions besides extending the programmable
interval? With such info I could add it to the e-SIF...

Hans van Veluwen
The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif.htm (main site)
http://members.xoom.com/veluwen/om-sif.htm (mirror site)