[OM] OM-1 and -2 metering pattern

Subject: [OM] OM-1 and -2 metering pattern
From: "Matt Landis" <rmlandis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:23:15 -0400
Hello list members,

After reading the digests for several months (over which I have learned
much, thank you all), I've decided to jump in with a question.  I'd like to
start being a little more precise about my exposures, and using exposure to
control the mood of my photographs rather than simply following the needle.
I'm hoping that someone can fill me in on what metering pattern the OM-1 and
OM-2 (not N models) use.  From what I can tell from the FAQ, the -2 used two
different patterns, one that was center-weighted, and one that was
full-frame.  If it is true that the metering is OTF at speeds lower than
1/60th, it seems like that metering pattern at least must be full frame,
since the film has no pattern of white dots on it?  Can anyone shed some
light on this and for the OM-1 as well?

Thanks

Matt

Matt Landis  (rmlandis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)