Re: [OM] 90f2 with 80f4 CU lens (was OM2000 vs OM3)

Subject: Re: [OM] 90f2 with 80f4 CU lens (was OM2000 vs OM3)
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:31:07 +0200
On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:29:29 +1000, Ross Waite <rmwaite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 07, 1999 4:18 AM, Giles [SMTP:cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx]
>wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know how a 90mm f2 + the close-up lens for the 80mm f4
>performs?
>
>Giles

I agree with Ross that the 80mm close-up adapter will cause vignetting
with the 90mm - it just isn't suited for the job.

Don't forget the Olympus made closeup lenses. They come in various
versions, one (simple lens) is in 55mm thread and has f=40cm (2.5 mag
power)
Better ones have been made for use with the IS series cameras. These
are HQ 2-element lenses. One is the 55mm threaded 2.5 mag (f=40cm)
close-up adapter B for use with the IS-3. Another one is the stronger
49 mm threaded f=13cm (7.5 mag) HQ life-size macro A, made for the
IS-1 and 2). The latter will need a 55->49 step down ring and might
give some vignetting as well.

I have not personally tried these lenses together with the 90mm macro,
but I expect at least the 2.5 mag HQ close up lens ( IS-3 B-MACRO) to
work rather well. You might also try putting in  some extra extension,
with one of the automatic extension rings.

Good luck,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.