Re: Sv: [OM] FIXED OR ZOOM

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] FIXED OR ZOOM
From: Dsamsara@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 06:22:16 EDT
I must disagree, given my experience with the 35-80 f2.8 as well as the 35
f2, 50 f1.8 (I also own a 50 f.2, 100 f.2).  The zoom is quite easy to focus
and its image quality is at least equal if not better than the single focal
length lenses (and is certainly far superior to the 50 f.1.8).  The zoom is
my favorite lens -- the only problem is that it is a bit heavier than the
others and is pretty expensive (~ $1400 US) given that Olympus took a no
holds barred, cost is not a consideration approach in designing the lens.
Once you see photos taken with this zoom and its resolution and contrast in
tests done by Gary Reese and by Popular Photography recently in its Buyer's
Guide (describing the zoom as the finest in its range), you'll be convinced.