RE: [OM] om-4 disaster?

Subject: RE: [OM] om-4 disaster?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:57:07 +0000
At 01:22 10/19/99 , Brian wrote:
>Chris,
>Hopefully, new batteries will solve your problem.  Try 357's, they work well
>for me.  S76's seem to go south pretty quickly for some reason.  357's
>usually last at least 6 months with decent use on my 4 and 4T.

Same observation about my OM-4.  Seems to love the silver 357's (get them
at the watch counter, not the camera section), hates the alkalines and the
other silver ones only last 1/2 to 2/3 as long.  I get at least 6 months
out of *fresh* 357's also.  I accidentally got some old ones past their
shelf life and they pooped out very quickly.

When not using the OM-4, put it in Manual Mode and turn the shutter speed
ring to the mechanical (red) 1/60th or Bulb setting.  This puts the body in
the least drain configuration.  If not using it for a while (month or so),
take the batts out.  I keep a small flat pill container in the camera bag
for this.  A small container for contact lenses works too.  What you don't
want is one battery shorting out both its poles out against the side of
another one.

-- John