Re: [OM] need lens!/now where is Santa Fe?

Subject: Re: [OM] need lens!/now where is Santa Fe?
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 20:05:52 -0800
Garth Wood wrote:

> At 05:42 PM 11/5/99 -0600, Gary Edwards wrote:
> >Good for you, Garth - a large fraction of US citizens aren't even aware
> >that New Mexico is one of the United States.  Their ignorance provides
> >an unending source of humor for a monthly feature in New Mexico
> >Magazine.  Breathtakingly
> >beautiful state.  I'm fortunate that business takes me there often, and
> >that a small kit of OM gear is easy to take along.
>
> Man, I'd love to tromp around New Mexico for a few weeks!  Hard to believe
> that many Americans >don't know it's one of the states of the Union

My wife, parents-in-law, and I went to Yellowstone National Park in the
mid 1980s from Calgary when Alberta still had those very distinctive
yellow and black vehicle licence plates. We were absolutely amazed at
the number of people we met who asked us whereabouts Alberta was in the
United States.

jh