Re: [OM] Yorkshire

Subject: Re: [OM] Yorkshire
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:33:28 +0000
Chris Barker wrote:

>headed over Grimwith Reservoir, south of Malham Tarn and turned NNW by
Settle to
>attack a simulated targete (road over railway bridge) west of Langsrothdale
>Chase in the Yorkshire Dales.

Aha!  So next time I'm hiking in the Yorkshire Dales with my OM-4 for
company and enjoying the quiet solitude, and a fighter jet comes screaming
out of nowhere just inches above my head, I'll know where to send the
laundry bill ;-)

>realised that the target was right next to the Ribblehead Viaduct, part of
the
>Settle to Carlisle railway.  Northern England was laid out at our feet
and, in
>the diffuse light of the late afternoon, it looked quite beautiful.

What would have made it perfect would be a steam-hauled special crossing
the viaduct :-)  They run them from time to time on that line, often billed
as England's most spectacular railway journey.

>And I thought that you might like to share the
>experience.

Thanks!  A reminder (if I needed one) that I must move back to Yorkshire.
And if you do take a camera next time, let us see the results :-)

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England