[OM] Prototype lenses

Subject: [OM] Prototype lenses
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:38:57 +0100
> ----------
> > Fra: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Til: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx
> > Emne: Re: Sv: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?
> > Dato: 24. november 1999 15:14
> >
> > I for one want to see that 160/3.5.  That'd be a new one.  Do you
> pictures
> > of the 100/2, 160/3.5, 500/5.6, 800/9 , or the1200/14?  Or are they
just
> > drawings?

 -They are just drawings, no photos, alas.

> > Now that I look at my 1973 OM-1 brochure, I DO see a 100/2 listed on
the
> > System Chart.   That was long before it's time.
> >
> > I was looking closer at the lens group photo. and every lens that had
the
> > > serial number visible was # 100001.  That certainly was the prototype

> > group. They were making production lenses though at that time.  As a
> > converse, there are various S#'s mounted on bodies throughout the
> brochure:
> >
> > 50/1.8: 100011, 171383
> > 50/1.4: 113114, 148619, 125569,
> > 55/1.2: 105073 (twice pictured), 100001
> > 135.3,5: 116510
> >
> > Also, in the big, 2-page system photo I also noticed that all 13 bodies
> say  M-1 on them and the lenses say M-System.  All the other body
pictures
> save the M-1 body on the Copy stand on the Close Up Group page are of
OM-1's.
> > Does anyone know if there were any M-1 brochures distributed or
> > printed?  I've never seen any.

 - Taking a look a the 2-page picture in my old brochure thru a lupe, it
 seems like the cameras on the copy stands only have "M-1" printed and that
 the lenses say "Olympus M-system" and not OM-System. At least, it seems
 like there is only one letter and not two.

 Lars