Re: [OM] Photo and OM2n questions.

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo and OM2n questions.
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:59:53 -0800
Hi, welcome to the list.
My OM2 jammed in this manner last year.
I had a tech look at it at a camera show and he somehow
reset the timing while I browsed the tables. Charge, $10.

I don't know about how often to have a CLA (clean, lube, adjust)
but I went about 15 years with my first OM1.  I don't suggest that though.
Try Camtech for pricing and suggestions.   That is John Hermanson
a list member and repairer of all things OM.

For the pool hall.
With the OM2 use auto and set it up on a tripod.
Set the aperature to f8 or smaller.
The OM2 can handle it.  Try different times of the day
for different lighting.  400 should be fast enough.
Maybe your hand meter is wrong. Again, bracket.

As for the infinity symbol,
with any given lens there is a point at which
everything from a certain distance at a given f stop
(see scale on lens barrel) is in focus when turned all the way.
There are better ways to say this but I don't dwell too much
on the techie stuff.  You can make closer objects in focus while
still having infinity or distant objects in focus by using the scale
to place the infinity symbol to the set f stop. (hyperfocal distance).

===I have a CD of this and if anyone is interested in
critiquing bad pool hall photos (with the interest of
improving my skills) I can make these available.====

Try the pool hall shot again with the OM2 on auto and fresh
silver oxide batteries.  SR44 or 357.  Accept no substitute or
trouble will follow.
Then compare for yourself.

Regards
Charlie L.