Re: [OM] Auto vs. Manual Fill (was "Sunpack433" etc.)

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto vs. Manual Fill (was "Sunpack433" etc.)
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 08:55:33 +0000

>That would be a neat trick, but I don't believe that there is any "film
>speed on the flash" changing capability.

On the sunpak 555, the film speed and the f stop are separate settings. The
range of f stops available changes with film speed setting. All I know is
that is what we did when we did weddings, and the pics came out great. The
shutter was set to sync speed of course, but the actual f stop setting on
the camera was set according to the ambient available light, and the flash f
stop setting was matched to the camera. Only the film speed was changed to
reduce the power output of the flash. The flash electronics needs to know
1)film speed and 2)f stop, in order to produce proper exposure, so altering
either one will change the effective power output of the flash. You can't do
this with the T series olympus flashes, as I recall.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright