Re: [OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.
From: j.leonarddesigner@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:51:49 -0500 (EST)
>You have to remeber that the image is up/down left/ right reversed in the
>camera so, looking at the back of the camera. The light leak starts at the
>right of the negative and goes downward to the left.  The light leak is
>probably at the reset switch for the film counter.  You can find it above the
>film rails on the right as you look at the open back of the camera.
>
>Camtech (John Hermanson) and Olympus Guy both sell seal kits of you are
>handy.  You just may as well get a CLA (clean lube and adjust) with foam seal
>replacement done at the same time.
>
>Warren

Thanks for the advice Warren.
I've read your e-mail to my sister and she will do a few test. First, she
will take pictures with her two lenses to see if this is happening with
each of them. Second, she will take the same pictures with black masking
tape on the camera top right hand side, covering the frame counter and
other parts of the camera where light could leak in.

She may have a better idea after these tests.

Tks again,

Jacques Leonard