[OM] Voigtlander

Subject: [OM] Voigtlander
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 02:23:40 -0800 (PST)
==============
I'm sure that the Voigtlaender is a good camera Joseph, but I thought
that Cosina had bought the name, so they control the quality.

that could be, I don't know.  the lenses still have the old Voigtlander
names attached like Skopar and Heliar from back when German lenses
were labelled with lens formula (like Tessar and Planar etc.)  Zeiss
still uses this practice of course, but Leica abandoned it in favor
of names derived (in most, but not all cases) from the max. aperture.

Joseph