Re: [OM] Wow

Subject: Re: [OM] Wow
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 10:41:05 +0100
On Tue, 01 Feb 2000 20:37:53 -0800, Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>For pure information per pound, it is hard to beat Shipman, followed by
>an Olympus Sales Information File.  The absolute worst information per
>pound (IMHO) is Barbara London's "A Short Course in Olympus
>Photography."

I should have known that, Gary - just bought a copy of this book
(unknown to me). Cheaper than the Mannheim book, fortunately, at
$15... ;-)

Until now the most dreadful OM book I know is the 'Complete Olympus
User's Guide - Modern Classics' (Hove Foto Books) by a person (?)
calling himself 'Harold Franklin'.

The book originally appeared in German, almost as bad as the
translation, titled 'Olympus - Kameras von Gestern für Anwender von
heute' (transl: Olympus - Yesterday's cameras for today's users). The
writer is called 'Harald Francke' there.

I guess the German name was supposed less favorable for the English
speaking markets....

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - Holland