Re: [OM] 55mm F1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] 55mm F1.2
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:13:21 -0500
Skip Williams wrote:

> I'd agree.  The 50/1.2 seems to be better regarded than the 55/1.2.

They're different.  I like the way a 55 renders subjects that are from
about 2 to 15 feet out.  For me, it's easier to compose with the 55. . .
.subjects seem to "pop" out.  I got the 55 because I liked the angle of
view I got with the old Konica 57.

You can take good waist-up portraits with the 55, with a good sense of
intimacy and 3-D.  Conversely, the 50 might be easier to compose
landscapes with.  I think the 55 fills an important niche in the Zuiko
line.

Morgan Sparks