Re: [OM] Nikon has a photo class they are offering Nation Wide

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon has a photo class they are offering Nation Wide
From: "George Sears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:47:07 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Samuel Morales <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 12:41 AM

> Leave to the big three and Nikon is one of the three SLR manufacturers
that
> actually have a heavy weight marketing department.
>
> I received through a mailing (that someone sold w/my name on it) that
Nikon
> is offering a sponsored photography course that cost $99.00 and the fee
> includes lunch and a 157 page Nikon School handbook, which they note the
> book that comes with the course is a $24.95 value.
>
> The courses are being offered at a variety of cities, 18 to be exact, from
> January through October 2000.
>
> I am not promoting this offer however I thought to myself , what a great
> strategy to offer a course to lure prospective photographers to pursue
> photography and perhaps a Nikon camera.  Why doesn't Olympus care about
> this?  It's called gaining market share.
>
> I hate to get on my horn again about this subject, but If I were an
Olympus
> Executive, I would look to hire some people perhaps directly off this site
> that show a passion for the name brand of Olympus and it's rich history.
> There are excellent candidates out there they would be pretty good and you
> guys know who you are.
>
> I just do not understand the strategy behind sitting Idle...
>
> Oh Well,
>
> Sam....

Don't think Olympus is sitting idle. One of the largest digital manufactures
in the business. Heavy advertising to keep it's market share.

We OM users on this list and scattered about need to come to the realization
that the OM System is grave yard dead, it just hasn't been buried yet.
Doesn't seem like Olympus gives a rip if ever another OM piece of equipment
sells. That ain't where the money is.

Kinda like hoping for Chevrolet to come out with another 57 model.... It
aint gonna happen :-(

jmho :-)

geo2