RE: [OM] Re: flash -Reply

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: flash -Reply
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:38:34 -0500
I think this might have been covered in a previous post:

What you need to do is to acquire an Olympus TTL 20 Adapter.  This was made
for the T20 flash. eBay price $20-30.
The T20 does not have a TTL cord socket so this adapter is made to allow the
T20, or other flash units like Vivitar, Sunpak, Metz) to be used on an OM
camera with TTL.
Vivitar 3500, 3700 and 4600 flash units need the DM/O module to work with
the TTL20.  eBay price often is ~$10
Vivitar 5200 and 5600 units need the PM/O module. eBay price is often ~$10.
Sunpak units need the OT-1D.  eBay price is also ~$10
Metz (great flash units) need the SCA 321 adapter.  eBay price can get to
$20.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
<< Or rather, how can I connect my OM-2n with TTL
 connector 4 and cord to a vivitar, or sunpak and make it fire?  >>

If you use a Sunpack potato masher style flash then you need the Sunpak
cable
and the Sunpak dedicated OM module (OT-1D). The module mounts on the camera
and connects via cable to the flash. There are a few different cables
depending on the flash  unit.  You cannot use Olympus's own cable with
Sunpak
or other independent flashes, these are all proprietary. The OT-1D was
available from B&H for about $32 new (list 66). The EXT11 cable for Sunpak
555 and 622 sells for about $40 (70 list) . The Sunpak OT-1D adapter does
not
work the Sunpak shoe mount flashes to my knowledge. (Somebody else
confirm?).