Re: OT gig pics was [OM] OT re Titanium

Subject: Re: OT gig pics was [OM] OT re Titanium
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:50:55 -0000
Simon Evans wrote:
>...I manage with a
>low-end steel Kona MTB, but at least the ride is light and responsive,
>excellent for Mid-Wales' hilly lanes and rough tracks. With the tiny
>35-70/3.5-4.5 I can take the camera with me easily... doesn't stop me
>wanting a Mju-II though...

It was for cycling that I originally bought my XA, but like the mju-II, it
has a single point attachment for the neck cord, and unless the camera was
firmly tucked into a pocket, while riding it swung about and twirled around
like a demented ballerina. I later bought a Minox 35GL with its e.r.case
just so that I could have a lightweight camera with the necessary TWO neck
attachment points. The Minox has a cable release socket too - the XA set an
unwelcome trend by dropping that feature.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)