Sv: [OM] Info on the 35-70 f/3.5-4.5

Subject: Sv: [OM] Info on the 35-70 f/3.5-4.5
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 15:16:06 +0100
Hello Tom

I have both the F3.5-4.5 and the F3.6 versions of this lens. I haven't done
any real tests of those, but I feel that the F3.5-4.5 is a very fine
performer and incredibly compact.

I just got the Modern Photography (Jan. 1980) with the test of the F3.6 and
as I already have the test of the F3.5-4.5 (June 1986), I can compare them.
The F3.6 might have a slightly better resolution and contrast in the
center, but the F3.5-4.5 seems to have better contrast values in the
corners.
Modern's verdict: "The unusually sharp, compact and light-weight twin-ring
zoom will fit most ever-ready lens cases. Considering its high quality and
compact dimensions, the lens is a good choice for Olympus users seeking a
"normal zoom" of moderate aperture".

So if you can find one at a reasonable price, go ahead.

Lars