[OM] Curious about my MC 135 / 2.8 lens

Subject: [OM] Curious about my MC 135 / 2.8 lens
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:14:37 -0700

I recently bought a used MC 135 / 2.8, s/n 143***. The glass at both ends looks in really excellent condition as does the appearance of the internals as viewed through an 8x loupe...... about mint in my opinion. I have run a couple of rolls of print film and I have no complaints at all.

Unlike the glass in my MC 100 / 2.8, which reflects a very noticeable amount of mid to deep green and little else, the glass in the MC 135 / 2.8 generally reflects an equal intensity of mid to deep purple with a much less amount of mid green. However, at some optimum angle to the light, the reflection of green is indeed unmistakable.

Is there any peculiarity over this "purple over green" as I had been under the impression that "green ruled" in MC lenses?

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC

ps: An example of a shot taken [6 April 2000] with this lens on an OM4T on Fuji Reala, processed at a Walmart 1 hour lab, and uploaded as scanned is at

http://persweb.direct.ca/jahudson/peggy1.jpg