Re: [OM] introduction of myself

Subject: Re: [OM] introduction of myself
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 19:04:59 +0200
Hi, again,

first of all many thanks for the cordially receive and all those compliments
for my English. I´ve found an electronic dictionay for my PC-Box these days,
which helps me a lot. :)
>That's OK.  Many of us English speakers aren't very good at writing
>English sentences either. :-)

Well, I´m also not too keen on writing in German too...-, I was always a more
technical That's OK.  Many of us English speakers aren't very good at writing
child.

Now I understand the rating better. In Germany there`s a letter-based-system
used. It goes from  A to about D,E... . A+ would be a equivalent to 'mint'
condition. And there is also subjective problem. I´ve seen a pictured
explanation in a book about buying used camera stuff. According to that, it
would be very hard to find something in A, and even B condition, and C would be
just right for use. But looking at advertisements you can almost only see A and
B ratings :( the excellence -phenomenon :)

About the `mint`-Question:
The explanation with the coin-origin seem`s to be reasonable due to my
Dictionary :). I was a bit confused about `mint`, because it remind me to the
word "mend" in my swabian-slang (not official German). But if we call something
is "mend", this would mean that it is that kind of bad that it is really scrap
;). - (hope you understand why I asked).

Yes there are a lot of interesting OM-sites in the web, And it needs a lot of
reading and downloading time to examine all the contents, but it really is fun.

When I first searched the Germany-language-web area, I found only a few
OM-content-sites. So the impression of all the English material was even more
amazing to me.

>That's OK.  Many of us English speakers aren't very good at writing
>English sentences either. :-)

Well, I´m not too keen on writing in German too...-, I was always a more
technical oriented child.

Frieder Faig