Re: [OM] Bare Bones outfits and winding woes

Subject: Re: [OM] Bare Bones outfits and winding woes
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:32:43 EDT
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:44:57 -0500

Mike,

You do it exactly like I do.  Might cost a frame, but it's reliable.

> 1. Insert canister in place (I know, my first mistake that I may need to
> re-learn).
> 2. Take leader over and insert.
> 3. Use winder to advance film to engage both sets of sprockets (past
> leader).
> 4. Take up slack on rewind knob.
> 5. Close back.
> 6. Advance to frame 1 with winder while "feeling" the rewind knob rotate
> from the film properly advancing. (The "feel" part is key.)
> 7. Blow through roll of film and repeat as many times as required or
> until you run out of film.
>
> Mike Veglia
> Motor Sport Visions Photography
> www.motorsportvisions.com

Hi Guys,

This can be achieved more efficiently without losing a frame.

1) Insert film leader in sprocket holes.
2) Advance a couple frames.
3) Pull film canister into film supply slot. (Note that this automatically takes up the film slack.)
4) Close camera back.
5) Finish film advance to frame #1.
6) Blow through roll of film and repeat as many times as required or
until you run out of film.

This came courtesy of Petersen's Photographic magazine's How-To issue nearly a decade ago. ;-)

John A. Prosper