[OM] Back again!

Subject: [OM] Back again!
From: "David Jenkinson" <Dangerous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:51:12 +0100
Hello all,
Back again as I've decided I'm not going to be needing a lens and thought
I'd offer it to the list initially.
It's the well thought of 35-70/3.5-4.5 S Zuiko Compact standard zoom.
(Note: NOT the version sold as a kit with the OM2000)
There are no blemishes on the barrel, focusing or aperture rings, and the
mount is clean.  No oil on the diaphram, and the blades snap back sharply
after exposures.  The glass is free from dust, marks, fungus / mold or other
blemishes.  There are no defects from new condition that I can see.  I would
very conservatively rate it as exc++, (light signs of use) because I don't
have original caps and instead will be supplying generic ones, and neither
is it boxed or cased.
For those of you not familiar with this lens, it's a great performer at all
apertures and at all focal lengths.  See Gary's lens test page for details.
If you've got shovels instead of hands, like me, it's a bit fiddly as the
aperture and zooming rings are adjacent to each other.  It also darkens the
split image RF at the 70mm end due to it's smaller maximum aperture, which I
find a bit irritating.  This also makes focusing with the 1 series screens a
bit of a trial.  Otherwise I like the size and weight of this lens (same
dimensions as the 100/2.8 or 85/2, and a good deal lighter), and it makes an
ideal travelling combo with any OM body, although it's variable maximum
aperture makes manually exposure a bit more tricky.  If you're using an OM
with a 2 series screen, the viewfinder image should be bright enough for
most.  I've also found that flash exposures with this lens can appear a bit
cold, and could benefit from appropriate filtration.  Blimey, it sounds like
I don't want to sell this lens, when I read all that.  It's true, I hate
selling lenses....bodies up to a point yes, but lenses......
Anyway, I'm looking for £90, as this seems to be the average here in the UK.
I'll offer a 14 day money back if not delighted deal to UK list members, and
I'll pay postage to anywhere in the UK 24 hour delivery by Royal Mail.
Fair enough?
Cheers
Dave