Re: [OM] OM: Silvernose?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM: Silvernose?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 23:43:07 EDT
skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< All the early Zuiko lenses had silver front rings.  They began to be
 replaced by black front rings later in the line's history.  Maybe others
 know more info and more date details.

Skip,
       I wanted to replace my 24mmF2 lens's front filter ring (silver), which
had a ding. I ordered a replacement from Olympus and a Black one arrived ,
Unfortunately when I  inspected it  the inner mount diameter was slightly
different. The 24mm has always been M.C. and hence I would have guessed they
would be identical but not so.

     Tim Hughes