Re: [OM] New lens tests (Tamron 28-105)

Subject: Re: [OM] New lens tests (Tamron 28-105)
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:56:54 -0700
Skip writes regarding the Tamron SP 28-105mm f/2.8:

<< I didn't have the problem that you describe with having to tap the
focusing ring >>

I didn't word that well.  I mean that you cannot readily turn the ring
and nail down critical focus.  It moves out of focus way too easily that
way.  You have to get almost there and then just nudge it left or right
with a tap of your finger tip to get it perfect.  Kind of like moving an
SUV forward a few inches when in 4WD Low 1st gear. It lunges when you
give the vehicle gas.

Your assertion that it is an adoption of the sister autofocusing model
seems right on to me.

It is mighty sharp stopped down. But you have to work within the f/8~11
range to achieve the best it has to offer.

<< Why don't I still have it?  Well. . . it was just too big for me. >>

It is a mighty beast, not unlike a Zuiko 500mm mirror lens.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV