Re: [OM] OM40

Subject: Re: [OM] OM40
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:36:50 -0500
Cc: <mikeblayney@xxxxxxxxx>
Mike,

Welcome to the list. You'll really enjoy it; it is a great group of people.
This is a perfect question for the list.

Whenever my OMs start acting up, the first thing I do is buy a fresh set of
batteries (silver oxide, NOT alkaline), even if the set in the camera is
fresh.  9 times out of 10, the problem goes away.

The OM-40 is a very nice camera. I have the OM-PC, which is the US version
of the same camera.  I like the rubberized feel and the program mode is nice
when you just want to take quick shots.  Good choice.

Be warned though.  This list is addictive. We'll have you out their buying
more equipment any day now.

Enjoy!

Tom

> Hi, I'm new to this list, so hope this is an OK question for this forum.
>
> After many (very many) years I've taken up photography again and acquired
an
> Olympus OM40 with which I'm very pleased.
>
> It has behaved faultlessly through about 8 rolls of film except for 2
> consectutive shots when the mirror locked up and the shutter locked open.
It