Re: [OM] Compact camera with super-wide 21 mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Compact camera with super-wide 21 mm lens
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 18:00:09 -0500

>OM Content: Anyone know if the IS series panoramic adapter fits into an
>OM body? How about one from a different manufacturer? With automated
>photo processing machines now returning super wide prints from any frame
>with panoramic masking, it seems appropriate to convert an OM body to
>panoramic use.

I'm not sure why you would want one really. You can always shoot with a
really wide lens, then crop the top and/or bottom and blow it up to make a
"panoramic" picture. I think that the only camera that actually changes the
shutter proportions is the Hassleblad 35mm rangefinder. With that camera,
I'm sure that the lens has to have really good (I mean wide) coverage to
accomodate the wider shutter opening. That's gotta make it more
expensive.....

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright