Re: [OM] Kodak Supra - I think this is actually on-topic...

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Supra - I think this is actually on-topic...
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:39:05 -0500
> I've been trying the Supra as it's touted as 'designed for scanning', but
> don't like it at all.  The 100 and 400 are ok, but take a lot of color
work
> to look natural, much more than the cheap fuji consumer film I've been
> using.  The Supra 800 is downright awful...so grainy the pictures are
> useless.  I'm back to the Fuji I can buy at the Walmart.
>
> All shot with my 4T, of course.
>
> Tom

Tom,
I have to agree with you.  I think we both have the same scanner (SS4000),
so maybe that's the problem, but it is just not friendly territory for
Supra.  Whereas Royal Gold and Fuji are wonderful.  I don't understand this,
but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  Royal Gold 400 by contrast is
nearly miraculous.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA