[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1963

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1963
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:17:18 -0700
T20's make very good macro flash units, better that the T28 IMHO,
because they are not attached to the lens. The ability to set the flash
to subject distance by moving the flash gives more control over the
exposure. Using one T20 for the subject and another (or a T32) for the
background can lighten the background.

On the shoe ring the T28's are effectively are large light source since
they are so big compared to the subject. Increasing the flash to subject
distance decreases the size relative to the subject giving sharper
shadows. Or using a T10 as a fill flash and a T20 as the main light can
lighten dark shadows in the picture.

The 'feet' of the T28 heads are not a standard flash shoe. The shoe ring
will not accomodate a T20 foot and has no accomodation for the T20
adapter.

I find myself using T20's for macro work more often than the T28.

Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

Bill B.