Re: [OM] 1.4 Teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] 1.4 Teleconverter
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:56:57 EST
In a message dated 11/14/00 9:40:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm looking for a decent, generic brand  1.4 teleconverter.  Does anyone
>  make one for OM mount?

I have a Kiron 1.5X which was supposed to be a matched multiplier for the
75-150 of theirs. It only works in this range though, from 85 to 135. It
vignettes slightly on the 200/4 and 200/5 and is not useable for the 300/4.5.
Physically it doen't fit on the 50/1.8. Soligor also made a 1.5X but I
haven't tried it. I don't know of any other 1.4 or 1.5X converter. As far as
using one for wider than normal lens, I don't think this is a compatible
setup with any of the converters. Wide angles usually protrude into the
mirror box, which prevents use of a converter. Also I don't think the results
are that great.

Warren