Re: [OM] Newbie greets all

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie greets all
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:15:44 EST
Cc: tiptop@xxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 11/28/2000 8:15:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tiptop@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> .
>     Now for my first question to the group.  The camera I purchased is
> lacking a black, rectangular (approx. 3 x 1/2 x 1/8) "box" for lack of a
> better description, which is located on the front of the camera in line
> with the film advance lever.  I've now seen this item on all other OMGs
> pictured on EBay and fear I've goofed.  Can anyone fill me in on what
> this thing is and will it keep me from using the camera until I can
> locate one?

Welcome to the list!

I don't think you have much to worry about. It sounds like you are talking
about the little screw-on grip for the OM-G (steady grip 2, I think). Nothing
but a cheap (but probably expensive) piece of plastic that let's you grip the
camera easier. There is an analogue, the camera grip 1, for the OM-2S, OM-3
and OM-4. Check the e-sif for more info
(http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/phototechnicalgroup/steady_grip_

2.htm)

They are handy, the only thing I dont like about them is you have to take
them off to mount a winder, but without a winder attached they really do
improve the handling noticeably. You should be able to dig one up for your
OM-G. www.zuiko.com or www.olympusguy.com may have them.

Paul Schings