Re: [OM] Re: 40/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 40/2
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:02:51 +0100
There were some other maufacureres which offered 40~45mm
Compact lenses. Some of them were desined as el-chapo lenses.
I know offered in 1981:

lens            length  weight  price   commet:
                                (DM in 1981)    (MTF-rating)
Cosina Cosinon 2.5/40:  20mm    115g    95.-    average
Konica Hexanon 1.8/40:  28mm    140g    175-    very poor
Minolta Rokkor 2/45:    31mm    125g    130.-   average
Pentax-M 2.8/40:        18mm    110g    150.-   good, (when stopped down)

This is what I´ve Information about. I think Olympus came later,
and they pronounced that they designed their 40mm lens not
as a cheap-entry to the OM Sytem becauses its price was
more like the 1.4/50 (=DM 320) than the 1.8/50 (=DM 180.-).
I compare 2DM ~ 1$ ,altough this changes over time from 1.5~2.5.....

Still looking for more accurate Zuiko Price-information changing over the
time...

Frieder Faig