Re: [OM] Om-1n's

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-1n's
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:27:43 -0600
If I was only going to have one, I'd get a 2n.  The 1n is purely manual, you
set both the shutter speed and aperture with a match needle. The batteries
are difficult to get and soon will be impossible, requiring an adapter

The 2n is an aperture preferred automatic camera, you set the aperture and
the camera sets the shutter speed. It also works in full manual, just like a
1n. The batteries are still available and should be for a long time.

TTL OTF = Through the Lens, Off the film.  The 2n reads the metering off the
film and adjusts.  Very accurate metering. In addition,  with an Olympus T
series flash (T20 and T32 are readily available on ebay), the camera
controls the flash and reads off the film and completely controls the flash.
Very sophisticated. You can even chain up to nine T series flashes together
and the camera controls them all.

I think others have posted it, but check out Hans' great eSIF site for
everything you've ever wanted to know about the OM system.  By the way, the
lenses are fantastic.  Stay on the list and you'll get a feel for what the
favorites are (one hint, go for a 90 f/2 macro!).

Tom

Hans' site:  http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif.htm

From: "Albert Yang" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>