[OM] RE: TOPE 6

Subject: [OM] RE: TOPE 6
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:46:33 +0100
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

> Many thanks for TOPE 4. They are all excellent pictures.
You're welcome!
Indeed, it is a fine gallery...

> I keep missing the deadlines for these events but I'm determined to get
> an entry in. So I was delighted to see that TOPE 6 is for macro (my main
> interest).

Cool!

> But !!
> Closing date May 30th ?
>
> In the UK my insects don't get out much until June/July.

Hmmmm, that should be the same over here in The Netherlands...

> OK, I know what you're going to say to me: "Go and take some macro shots
> of something other than insects".

It's always a bit difficult to get the dates so they will be a perfect match
for everyone, as the submitters are located in all sorts of different
countries worldwide. Basically, when the dates were drawn up for the events,
this was done based on the amount of votes each proposed theme got (FYI: we
voted on the themes about a year ago, when the TOPE idea was born), so
that's how the order got established...

> (Thinks: "Grumble grumble....Where's my imagination? ..I knew I had one
> around here somewhere......")

Hehehe, well, if many people want to get the dates of themes swapped I might
think about it...

C-ya!
Olafo