Re: [OM] Ladder & 135mm Vivitar f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Ladder & 135mm Vivitar f2.8
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:01:32 -0600
I shot groups at the Susan G. Komen Run for Life (breast cancer awareness
and fund raising) a while back.  The organizers had thoughtfully provided a
rolling ladder platform (like one would use to work on airliners - Southwest
Airlines was a
sponsor).  The groups ranged in size up to about 85 folk.  Worked
beautifully.  Just can't figure out how to carry one of those things in the
back of my pickup truck.

Incidentally, the OM-4T, BG2, and two T32s in the grip and on the camera
really did a job in the predawn darkness (time allocated for group
photography - go figure).  Blew a couple of the pros away who showed up with
AF wonderbricks/semi-fast zooms and couldn't focus or light the shot with
their dinky built-in flash or a single flash head.  Organizers were very
complementary of my shots in comparison to theirs - one case where the right
equipment was more important than the quaility of the shooter.

Gary

people, places, flight at: http://members.home.com/garyetx/index.htm