Re: [OM] Everyone's opinion

Subject: Re: [OM] Everyone's opinion
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 09:30:38 -0800
Hi Chris:

To add to Tom Scales excellent advise, you'd be hard pressed to have
"gone wrong" if you buy on eBay from a seller offering a return
guarantee. Some will even pay the shipping costs if they goof up and
miss something regarding a significant fault or blemish, including meter
and shutter errors. The same can apply to buying from a OM List
subscriber - just ask.

Rest advised that the Canadian government seems to be cracking down on
collecting VAT on foreign parcel post shipments, so you might get
sticker shock on a purchase from outside Canada.

My starter pick for a modest budget: an OM-2S with a "Made in Japan"
50mm f/1.8 Zuiko. Look for those words on the ID ring of the lens and
you'll know you have the most recent model. I've shot with every model
made and that is the camera I'm "married" to.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV