Re: [OM] Digital trends (LONG and RAMBLING) with additions...

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital trends (LONG and RAMBLING) with additions...
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:47:06 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> >Sure, digital projector. Use it for TV too. Amazing sharpness -
> >better than any slide projector I've seen. (of course, you did say
> >"economic"...)
>
> I have not seen many of these, but the ones I  have seen are not
> what you would call sharp. Its main advantage is that it can
> represent the movements on a computer screen and use software
> provided by Microsoft.

Yup, I have to agree with this.  We have lots of those high end digital
projectors at work and none of them come close to a good slide projector,
especially as you get closer to the screen.  Tom T, go shoot some Provia F
or K64 and then drop by and we can take a look at them with my P2002.  Then
tell me if a digial projector is still better :-)
                                        -mark