[OM] Zuiko 200/4 Lens [Follow-up]

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 200/4 Lens [Follow-up]
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:46:42 -0700
First, thanks to all who commented, and particularly to those who
provided URL's to scans of shots taken with the 200/4.  For those who
are interested (or curious), here's an update:

TEST RUN:  I took it out today and took some shots of some kids
snowboarding at a local ski hill.  Generally, I'm impressed with its
handling, although I agree with one person's comment that 200mm is at
the far end of the "handheld" range.  Hope I held it steady 'nuff for my
shots to come out!

SC v.s. MC:  It would appear that this particular 200/4 is of the SC
variety.  I haven't been able to get Lee Hawkins' site all day, but Steven
Read provided a list that shows S/N117945 to be an SC so my guess
(now) is that the one I have (S/N107467) probably is too.  If anyone has
evidence to the contrary, speak up please!  :-)

IS IT A "GOOD" LENS:  Most comments were favorable, although one
person said he (she?) prefers the 200/5 over the 200/4.

IS IT A "GOOD" PRICE:  Everyone who commented said that CDN$125
(US$83) is a good price, with some saying it's a steal.  Well, there's
been a development on that since my original message....

I talked to the salesperson this evening, and mentioned the "worn"
aperature adjustment.  He said that since it's "not damaged, but not
perfect either" I can now have it for CDN$100 (US$67) instead.

CONCLUSION:  Given the even better price (is it a steal NOW,
gang???), I told him I'll keep it.  Now, all I gotta do is figure out how to
pay for it (damned Christmas expenses have drained the bank account).

Again, thanks to everyone who provided advice, comments, and sample
photos.  I'll scan and post some photos once I get them developed.

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)