RE: [OM] Re: Tripods.. Try Tiltall

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Tripods.. Try Tiltall
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:10:35 -0500
>How did you install a new head on it? As far as I can tell the
>pan/tilt head on mine is integral with the tripod.

Basically brute force.....As I recall, there was a set screw that held the
head on the tube. I undid that, but had to use a pipe wrench to hold the tube
to get enough leverage to rip it's 'ead off. It appears that the head was a
tight fit on the tube. Anyway, after cleaning up the gouges from the pipe
wrench with sand paper, I took the threaded plug from the other end and
drilled a hole in it....hell I can't remember the rest right now...basically
the tube is flipped, and the threaded plug has a hole in it for runnign a
bolt through it for attaching a standard Bogen type head, or something like
that. I gave it to my wife, who promptly forgot about it and it's languished
ever since....just like the 600mm Sigma mirror lens I got for her N*k*n, but
that's another story......I know, I've rambled on a bit too much....oh well,
deal with it!  <ggg>
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright