Re: [OM] [OT] The SRT101 drama and massive amounts of egg on my face

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] The SRT101 drama and massive amounts of egg on my face
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:44:22 +0100
On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 06:21:57AM -0500, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Lesson learned the hard way (as ususal).  When it doesn't work don't
> assume the worst.  First, go back to the very basics... and second,
> don't release the shutter tensioning pawls while skipping step one.  LOL
> again.
>

> Chuck,
This reminds me to last sunday I wanted to take some pictures of a town in my
area with
 my OM 2sp. Unfortunatly, I had forgotten that the last use of this camera was
the moon eclipse where the cameras' batteries failed because of excessive
shelf-timer usage, and I had to
 use the bulb-mode.

Sure, I`ve replaced the batterys, and packed the camera in a hurry. Arrived at
the location,
I was trying to compose a picture without attracting  too much attention. I
should`ve been
 warned because of the viewfinder display remainded off, while I was trying to
touch the shutter release button softy      ........AAHHH....not this
camera........  :-((((

O.K. select the OTF-mode, and pressed the shutter release.......OOOHHHH, the
viewfinder
remained black!! I went upset, and removed the camera from my eye, and started
to breathe
again, when I heared the shutter closing again, as I removed my finger from the
release button.

I realized the pitty, selected a electronic time, and quickly pointed with the
camera to the
subject again to catch the shot, while the sun wasn`t hidden behind the clouds.
Pressed the trigger again, viewfinder stayed black and ...beep...beep...Beep...

AAHHHRG... Not again....(now everybody locking at me)...removing the camera
again from my
eye, hecticly, tuned the shelf-timer dial, and tried again... o.k. the sun was
nice to me
and waited with disapearing long enough till I got the shot.

Everyday another lesson...

Frieder Faig