[OM] Re: Macro focusing teleconverter, ferrets and purty gals

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro focusing teleconverter, ferrets and purty gals
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:19:03
As previously promised, a couple more pix of Kathryn, one of which prominently displays her brilliant green eyes. She also has a green eye tattooed on the nape of her neck, but I'll save that for another time...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1005538&a=11116371

Regarding the style of the photos, I mentioned earlier being influenced somewhat by the likes of Obsession and Calvin Klein ads. So these don't quite fit into any genre I know of: glamour (she's dressed fairly modestly in all photos); portraiture, altho' this might qualify as personal or environmental portraiture to some extent since this is how she dresses and it does reflect some of her personality, rather than being posed to reflect my vision; fashion...well, it depends on one's concept of fashion I suppose. I'd have to consult with my youngest daughter who's majoring in fashion design.

However, comments, remarks, critique, offers of employment all are welcome.

On the technical side, well...no OM content. This was in my pre-OM days. Canon sumpin'-or-other body; some kinda Canon lens, prolly my 50/1.4 attached to the Vivitar macro focusing 2x converter; three ordinary flash units, one on-camera in bounce position, used primarily to trigger the other two slaved units, both of which were reflected - one off white posterboard, the other off a silver windshield sunguard.

I was looking for lighting similar to the Gowland style - full and even. Admittedly this is usually flattering only to young people, but it looks good when it works. I'm actually surprised how well my farm-rigged system worked. The only thing I'd change might be to use two or three Vivitar 285 units, or similarly dependable and cheap monolights (is there such a thing?), with at least two Photek bounce/diffuser umbrellas. And having a flash meter now would make for more consistent results - I'm not showing the shots that didn't turn out well. ;)

Oh, yes, about the leopard print backdrop - Kathryn...Kat...cat...

And the green crushed velvet chair, well...whaddaya expect from a guy who actually likes fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror...
===
Lex
===