Re: [OM] [OT] eBay -- what gives?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] eBay -- what gives?
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:51:58 +0000
This is true of most stuff offered on eBay in general.

If I am after something and it says US only I always email the seller
offering to pay in US$ cash and for actual shipping costs.  In all but
three instances I have received a positive response.

I have been known to email such a query a few hours before the auction
ended, and not having received a reply, bid anyway.  This happens only if
I discover something only a few hours before the auction ends.

One chap whose auction I won after doing this was not that happy as he was
afraid of customs hassles.  I explained that there were no hassles other
than writing three things on a green sticker and attaching it to a parcel.
 He grumblingly obliged after he received my payment and we both posted
positive feedback about each other.

Giles