Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 06:44:44 EST
The requirement  (and it IS a requirement) is it MUST be 35MM and have
manually controlled exposure settings, so the OM-10 with manual adapter would
fit. Several of my co-workers have children in various High School
Photography classes,and I've loaned one an OM-10.  BUT the local High School
newspaper, which has won national awards two years in a row, uses digital! Go
figure! At least (for now) they ARE teaching the basics (film basics that is).

George S.

ruralwales@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I always thought a "student" camera was one with few or no frills, which
allowed
 (or forced?) the user to learn the mechanics of exposure, choice of aperture
and
 shutter speed etc. The Pentax K1000 was for many years considered a student
or
 basic starter camera, but I don't think it is only capable of producing
mediocre
 pictures. The OM10 may well fit into the student (or at least budget)
category too.