Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Basic MBA material" (Was: discussion of Oly digital

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Basic MBA material" (Was: discussion of Oly digital incompatibilities w/OM System stuff)
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:41:53 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> >And just for the record, the OM System is far less obsolete than those
> >from competing manufacturers -- if anything, Oly's done a remarkable job
> >of keeping the line going for over a quarter-century.  But all things do
> >have to eventually end.
> >Garth
>
> Just think how you would have felt when the OM1 first came out if you'd
> just bought an Oly FTL!

Actually, today I am very sad that I didn't buy an Oly FLT - then again, I
do not remember seeing that camera as "new" in the camera-shops, so maybe
I am too young (or I wasn't interrested in photography then). But a new
Oly FLT would be nice, tho....ahh, dreaming ;)

Seriously, I have considred getting a half-frame at some point (Pen FT or
something?). Something small to always have in the pocket for those odd
situations which you do not want to blow up in more than 10x15 (cm - you
americans, grap a calculator) anyways. And something with a litle more
classic style than an APS. Well....

--thomas

> Plus ca change...
> Andrew