Re: [OM] Eyesight corrections lenses / FM3a

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyesight corrections lenses / FM3a
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:12:16 +0000
At 13:24 2/9/01, Ian Nichols wrote:
Hmm, interesting.  Perhaps it's time I got my eyes tested.  Although I
can see the focusing screen plenty clearly enough to focus accurately, I
do find that the meter display in my 2SPs is rather fuzzy.  With my
recently acquired OM-4, I need to turn the correction to within a couple
of clicks of fully clockwise to make the display sharp, but this doesn't
seem to significantly affect the sharpness of the screen.  What's going
on here?  why *does* the screen appear to be at a different distance to
the meter display?

The recommended method for adjusting this on the OM-3[ti]/OM-4[T] is to remove the lens and set it for the sharpest display of the metering LCD panel. I ran through it a couple of times on my OM-4 just to ensure I had it centered sharpest and the procedure worked very well. What a difference!

-- John