Re: [OM] [OT] Windows ME (WAS: Anybody using Photoshop 5 LE with Win 200

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Windows ME (WAS: Anybody using Photoshop 5 LE with Win 2000?)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:47:30 +0800
I have upgraded my Win95 to Win ME last Oct as I need USB support. I had
though about Win98 but with the same upgrade price of course I chose ME. I
did have great difficulty at the beginning, some older software is not
compatible with the ME. The most critical one is my Polaroid film recorder
driver Raster Plus 95.

At the beginning I clean up the old Win95, re-install it and then install
the Win ME upgrade, it failed to install the Raster Plus 95. I tried many
time, finally it worked by install Win 95, Raster Plus and then the ME
upgrade. I really hate to do any software change on my computer, it took me
lots of time. The Win ME is now fine although it hang much easier than
before, but the new feature of photo thumbnails at Window Explorer is very
useful for photo file management though.

C.H.Ling