[OM] Focusing stage question

Subject: [OM] Focusing stage question
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 22:12:56 -0400
What's the height of the camera base plate above the focusing rail when
the camera is mounted on the focusing stage?

Reason for the question:  I'd like to use my Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro
with 1:1 adapter to make slide copies.  Since no bellows extension is
desirable, the arrangement with the 90mm Vivitar and 1:1 adapter would
seem to want the bellows removed from the focusing rail and the camera
installed on the focusing stage. I have a bellows and slide copier but
no focusing stage.  The question is; when the camera is on the focusing
stage, does the center of the lens line up with the center of the slide
copier as it does when using the bellows?

When the camera is attached to the bellows the base plate is 24-25mm
above the focusing rail (depending on the body).  For the focusing rail
to bring the camera vertically in position relative to the slide copier
the focusing stage would have to position the camera at the same height
above the focusing rail.

Will it work?  Anybody got a focusing stage for sale?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA