Sv: [OM] OM2N question

Subject: Sv: [OM] OM2N question
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:59:28 +0200
Hi Gary,

You are the Man when it comes to all the details.

> The OM-2 was introduced the same time as the Motor Drive 1 (incorrected
> called "Motor Drive 2 in Keppler's 1976 article). It was fully motor
> drive compatible from the start. You must have a replacement baseplate
> taken off an old OM-1 (non-MD), if I understand what you are saying
> correctly.

My language, well...

On my bottom plate the engraved serial number says 584040 - maybe that gives
you a clue. I bought the body used from a dealer 2 years ago. The body is black
and the marks left by a tripod mount do not reveal any recent base plate
replacement, since the marks are on the bottom plate and the lens mount thing.
The base plate is as worn as the rest of the body. When I open the back cover I
do not see an opening once designed for a rewind assembly  (like the OM4ti has)
- but am I right when I say that the rewind function was only introduced after
MD 1 was released?

Getting confused by something that would not bother me normally...

Bernd