Re: [OM] Where to find a noflexar 400mm lens ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where to find a noflexar 400mm lens ?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 13:53:34 EDT
atk@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< is it hard to  find a noflexar 400mm lens >>

They come up from some of the used camera dealers now and then. I got my
400mm from KEH.   I have seen other ones at Kieble and Schucat (Palo Alto) ,
Pacific Rim camera,Wall strreet camera, from list members etc.

The Novoflex systems have gone through a number of generations and have many
add on parts and adapters. (Quite confusing) You need to make sure that if
you buy just a head that it has the right fittings for the grip you get. Also
it is nice to get the bellows addon for close focus, which is nice for
critters etc.
The Novoflex-OM adapter that you need can also be bought seperately (~$60 US
new) and about $25-30 used. So don't be put off by the fact that it may come
with some other camera adapter when you buy it.

If you need information about what works with what, I may be able to help, as
I own a number of heads and focus units of different vintage.

For information on the newest version of the Novoflex system see their
website. Unfortunately the new prices are quite high. It appears they still
support their old products with spares etc as I wrote to them about a very
old unit and they offered to send the small part free.

The 400mm with the 1,4XA OM adapter seems to work fairly well.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes